Just Posting Vol. 2

A continuation of my posting of what I think is uninspiring photography  that I have been doing lately. I thought this shot would look good in black and white but it just didn’t work out. Too busy or contrasty or something. So I settled on the color but I’m still not happy – maybe too much green or something.

© David Guidas
Panasonic GX1, G Vario 14-140

One thought on “Just Posting Vol. 2

1. June 24, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Still cool though, David! In addition to the interesting rock formation, the white minerals/paint over the light colored rock create a focal point.

• June 24, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Thanks Karen. There’s something there that I think might work – but maybe in a different light or time of year. I think it’s the abundance of green, maybe autumn will be better.

2. June 24, 2012 at 10:40 pm

I’m kind of with you. It’s missing something. I’m not sure where to look.

• June 24, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Yeah, I think autumn may be a better time for this shot. I hope I remember!

3. June 26, 2012 at 4:05 pm

It’s a nice composition, but the lighting doesn’t seem quite right. There’s a lot of texture here–three layers of different landscape. You’re going to revisit there again, right?

• June 26, 2012 at 8:40 pm

Yeah, I thnik I’ll try again in autumn. Perhaps the colored leaves will set the scene apart. There’s not too much I can do about the lighting as this is some place I am at during work, so I’m limited on time of day. But the light is better in fall also.